Monday 4 May 2015

Maxis the way to go.

Hello all!!
I hope you guys had an amazing weekend! First of all , I want to thank all of you for your immense support and love,ESP my fellow Lawrencians :D It means so much to me! Secondly,
i've been waiting to post this particular post for a very long time!! I had a lot of fun styling and shooting for this one!! I experimented a lot for this and stepped out of my comfort zone.
Today i'm going to focus on one of the biggest trends ever : maxis! Maxis have been around for a while now. Maxi is a term that's used to define a shirt,skirt,dress or coat reaching to the ankle. Maxi dresses and maxi skirts are very popular but the maxi top has debuted as a trend only recently. There  are honestly a zillion ways in which you can wear maxis ! 
Here are some ways that I wore them in:

1. The side slit maxi top:

I saw these for the first time abut 2 months ago and I would have never imagined wearing it then. To me it just seemed like a very long kurta made out of t-shirt material. But somewhere at the back of my mind I regretted not buying it. One month later, and these are all the rage in the online fashion community. That's when I knew I should have just bought it when I had the chance because the one that I wanted had unfortunately run out of stock. The things we don't buy truly do haunt us for the rest of lives. I decided to buy this salmon  colored one instead. I have to say, this is the most comfortable thing I have ever worn!! Like really! It is super light,comfortable,figure flattering and it looks good too. You can wear it with a basic white or black bottom, ie ,jeans ,leggings or shorts. You can try it with a pallazo as well but avoid wearing a short skirt with this. You can also try and color block it the way I did.Generally, I don't mix bright colors but this color scheme just seemed to click for some reason. Pink and blue is an amazing combination and since the color of the top leans more towards the baby pink side, they seemed to compliment each other very well. I had initially planned on wearing  yellow footwear with this and then I found these multicolored wedges that I bought ages ago but never got the chance to wear. Since it had hints of yellow , I decided to use these. I finished the look off with this gorgeous silver necklace that I have been obsessing over lately. I avoided accessorizing  because there were already many bold elements in my look and anything more would have made it look messy. 

                                                         










Add caption






TOP- MISSA MORE ( buy at http://www.missamore.com/shop/)
SHORTS-LOCAL BOUTIQUE IN GURGAON
WEDGES-JABONG.COM









  






2. The maxi dress:

 We are all familiar with this one. I personally have come to love maxis dresses.They are comfortable,they hide all your trouble areas,they allow you to put off waxing your legs for a little bit longer,they are very roomy and are perfect for summers!! My favorite thing about maxis is that they come in very quirky and fun prints and barely need any accessorizing. Just put on that one garment and you're good to go. This particular one is my favorite maxi dress of all time. I love the color scheme and print on this one. I stole it from my mom.:D I accessorized mine with some metallic tattoos that I bought like a zillion years ago but never got the chance to use .Metallic tattoos are also very in this season. I always thought they would look too bold or too loud but i'm loving these!! I think they are really fun and look very classy. If you're wearing a sleeveless or half sleeves anything, I would definitely recommend using these on your arms. You can use them anywhere you want but I found they work best on your arms,wrists and neck.I would also advise you to wear flats with dresses like these for a more casual look.

                                                                      
METALLIC TATTOOShttp://shopurbanturban.com/


























DRESS-AMISU
BAG-WESTSIDE









           

3. The maxi skirt:

I was honestly never comfortable with maxi skirts. I thought I would never be able to carry one . You'd think this was the easiest one to style because it's one plain black skirt. Everything goes with black, how difficult can it be? This was the most difficult out of all!! Since everything goes with black it was so difficult to decide what to wear with it. So I took a break to think and was going through the family photo album when I saw some old photographs of my mom.When I say old I mean like when she was in college old. I thought, why not try doing a retro /vintage look. And that's what I did. This look is heavily inspired by the college version of my mom and a fellow blogger by the name of Mawis Vintage(definitely check her blog out! It's amazing! https://mawisvintage.wordpress.com/) Lately, i've been loving the whole converse-skirt look and converse were huge back in the day so I decided to style them along with an over-sized denim shirt, some hoop earrings and finished the look off with a typical retro scarf hairband . I did want to add in some red lipstick but I ran out of mine and the one my mom uses is a little too bold for my taste. I was honestly very nervous about how this was going to turn out.I was the most scared about this look because i've never tried anything like it before.Please do let me know if this reminded you of the olden days or not and what could have made it better or if I managed to do the job:)

                                                       




SHIRT-SAROJINI
SKIRT-FABALLEY
SHOES-CONVERSE


















So this is how I will be styling my maxis this summer! I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as I enjoyed writing it. I just want to tell you all to not be afraid to follow your dreams and do what you love. Be willing to step out of your comfort zone and try new things. You may or may not succeed but you'll definitely learn something from it. I hope you have a great week ahead. Best of luck to those of you who have exams!! Do let me know which one was your favorite look and how I could improve upon any of these looks.

Until next time,
Ruhani.

4 comments:

  1. All the three looks are gorgeous! And you absolutely nailed the retro look ;) Don't be afraid to experiment <3 Looking forward for more amazing posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou so much mawi!! i only nailed the retro look because i took inspiration from you:D! love your blog!!:)

      Delete