Thursday 14 May 2015

DENIM DELUXE


"I have often said that I wish I had invented blue

 jeans: the most spectacular, the most practical, the

 most relaxed and nonchalant. They have expression,

 modesty, sex appeal, simplicity - all I hope for in my

 clothes."

-YSL



Hello all!!
So I guess it's pretty obvious from the title that today's post is all about the denim,the denim ,the denim*sings it Meghan Trainor style*!! The denim fabric has been around for so long , i'm not sure if I should even call it a summer trend. It's in trend 365 days a year,decade after decade. But, this season is different. This season is special for it. Why? Because on 20th May, the blue jeans will complete 140 years of existence!! Whattt? Yep, that's how long it's been around for. From dungarees to flare pants to boot-cuts to straight cut to the skinny jeans , I think it's come a long long way. 

A good fitting pair of jeans can honestly make all the difference in the world but is so difficult to find. If it fits the waist well, it's too loose around the thighs, if it fits well around the things , it's too tight around the hips, if the waist, thighs and hips are good, the length is too long. What sorcery is this?! I did manage to find a perfect fitting pair a couple of years back in a Levis store,(I really like the whole curve id concept) but sadly I overused them and they now live on borrowed time. The color literally faded from black into this charcoal like color and its ripped at various places which is actually cool because ripped jeans are so in right now, but they are starting to loose their shape. I don't blame them though, it's been nearly 5-6 years. I'm still in search of the next perfect one for me. Wish me luck finding it.

So in honor of the  birthday of the blue jeans , I decided to OD on denim a little and styled a denim on denim outfit which i've been wanting to try for a very long time! Also known as double denim or denim deluxe, this trend was super popular in the 80's and early 90's and it is back in fashion this season.With the likes of stars like Miranda Kerr, Rihanna, Miley Cyrus, Alessandra Ambrosio and Kendall Jenner, to name a few, donning it numerous times, I think it's safe to say denim on denim is here to stay(unintentional rhyming).














Denim on denim can actually be pretty tricky to pull off. The best thing is to create a contrast, pairing a dark shade with a light shade is definitely your best bet. You can add some jewelry or a scarf or a pair of quirky heels to break the monotony of the denim if you want. I went with this really pretty multicolored necklace that I got a long time ago. I feel it complements the denim shirt very well. I added a hand cuff  too. I decided on cheetah print heels for this look because these particular pair have a very soft tone of this print on them , they also have a gold lining and I think gold and denim always looks very good. I finished the look off by adding this beautiful clutch which I borrowed from my mom. I'm not much of a clutch person , I find it kind of inconvenient , but I think it worked well for this particular look:)








DENIM SHIRT-SAROJINI NAGAR
JEANS-FOREVER 21




HEELS-MANGO
CLUTCH-BORROWED FROM MOM


NECKLACE-LOCAL SHOP IN GURGAON
(I LOVE HOW MY NAILS MATCH MY SHIRT)


























 I hope you enjoyed this post!! Definitely try out the double denim trend because its so so amazing! If you just create a  contrast, you cannot go wrong with it! Tag me on Instagram @ruhanidogra or on FB @Theneverlandchronicles if you do. Have a great weekend!! Also, please go watch Piku if you get the time! I promise you will not regret it!! Its such an amazing movie and Mr. Bachchan has outdone himself!! 

Until next time,
Ruhani.












No comments:

Post a Comment