Friday 3 October 2014

Friday i'm in love.

Having a long break between your exams is probably the worst thing that can happen to you .You end up doing everything except the one thing you should do; study. So,after hours of trying to study and completely failing , I decided to head out into the city and clear my head for a while. The weather was pleasant even though it was mid-afternoon and it made me want to throw on a sweepy loose dress and run around on a beach collecting shells and chasing star-fish. So, I started digging through my closet trying to find the perfect attire to match my mood and instead found this denim shirt that I bought ages ago but never really got the chance to wear and I thought to myself , let me see how many different ways I can wear this in . I thought of a zillion ways but I couldn't exactly change my clothes every 10 minutes to try them all out , so I chose the two looks that contrasted the most: the totally girly girl look and the edgy rock chick look (which I also ended up wearing to dinner ).

For the first look I decided to pair this pretty floral dress and use the denim shirt as a shrug. How can denim and floral ever go wrong?




Denim shirt (being used as a denim vest)- shoppingspringbreak.com
Dress- local shop in brigade road (Bangalore)
Boots-thrifted from some shop in China.

My hair decided to act nice:D


Earrings: koovs.com
(I love the stud detailing on the collar, goes so well with the denim!)








For the second look , I wanted to try something more edgy and less girly.So, I decided to wear an all black ensemble and add a pop of denim to it. The boots gave it the perfect rock- chick look I was hoping to achieve!:)






Black Jeggings- Mango
Black top- Thrifted



Bag: thrifted from Prague
                       
                    








As you can see, for both the looks I kept the accessories to a bare minimum. I felt that the stud detail on the shirt added enough spunk to the outfit . For the second look I wore a thin gold chain because gold on black gives the entire look a very classy yet edgy feel.

If you're looking for similar boots , I would recommend checking Forever21 or Zara...but if you ever visit China, you have to go to the faux-leather exhibition there!You will find amazing bags , shoes and belts at extremely cheap rates . 

Oh, I went for dinner to this place called 20 feet high. Its located on church street, just above three quarter Chinese. I would totally recommend it to anyone who's looking for great ambiance, yummy food and quick service . Its a little bit overpriced compared to the restaurants nearby , but its definitely worth it . I ordered a farm house burger ,which was basically a double chicken patty with cheese and veggies and my oh my did it taste good . In Marshall's words ," it was God , speaking to us in food". So, if you're in the area and cant decide where to eat , go 20 feet high!

Hope you enjoyed this post! Let me know in the comments below which look you liked better and how you would pair those boots or that denim shirt.:)

Until next time,
Ruhani.

No comments:

Post a Comment